Visiting Vietnamese Women’s MuseumUnder Blog
20th October is Vietnamese Women’s Day – a special day for Vietnamese women. In this occasion, let’s take a trip to Vietnamese Women’s Museum.
Vietnamese Women’s Museum is ranked as the best tourism site in Hanoi and the 6th in Asia by TripAdvisor.
Established in 1987, the museum is located atLy ThuongKiet Street, near HoanKiem Lake and Old Quarter area. The museum is place to study, display and converse the material and intangible values about Vietnamese women over the periods of time. It is where you can find out anything about Vietnamese women, from history to rituals, traditions, from costumes to handmade crafts, etc. It is also an ideal place for anyone want to explore about Vietnam’s history and traditions through the image of women.
With the total area of 2,000 m2, the museum display more than 25,000 documents and artifacts, reflecting the life and contributions of Vietnamese women in the past, in war and in contemporary society. Here are some outstanding features showing in Vietnamese Women’s Museum:
- Exploring the cloudy-land of Y Ti in Lao Cai Province
- Floating market: an outstanding feature in Mekong Delta
- 8 best things about Vietnam tourism under estimation of international visitors
- Visiting peaceful Cu Lan village in poetic city of Da Lat
- Khmer people in Southern provinces celebrate Sene Dolta Festival