Visiting Vietnamese Women’s MuseumUnder Blog
20th October is Vietnamese Women’s Day – a special day for Vietnamese women. In this occasion, let’s take a trip to Vietnamese Women’s Museum.
Vietnamese Women’s Museum is ranked as the best tourism site in Hanoi and the 6th in Asia by TripAdvisor.
Established in 1987, the museum is located atLy ThuongKiet Street, near HoanKiem Lake and Old Quarter area. The museum is place to study, display and converse the material and intangible values about Vietnamese women over the periods of time. It is where you can find out anything about Vietnamese women, from history to rituals, traditions, from costumes to handmade crafts, etc. It is also an ideal place for anyone want to explore about Vietnam’s history and traditions through the image of women.
With the total area of 2,000 m2, the museum display more than 25,000 documents and artifacts, reflecting the life and contributions of Vietnamese women in the past, in war and in contemporary society. Here are some outstanding features showing in Vietnamese Women’s Museum:
- Four incredible changes in Phu Quoc Island attract international tourists
- Con Dao National Park is on the way of preparation for being a Ramsar Site
- Pictures of Hanoi’s streets in the week of celebrating 60th anniversary of the capital’s liberation
- Top 5 must-try foods in Hanoi
- Top 5 spectacular waterfalls in Lam Dong Province