Most of foreign countries need visa to enter Vietnam except some below feature countries:
– Citizens of ASEAN countries: Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia and Laos can stay in Vietnam not beyond 30 days without a visa
– Filipino citizens are exempt from Vietnam visa for 21 days
– Brunei citizens are exempt from Vietnam visa for 15 days
– Passport holders from Korea, Japan, Russia and the Scandinavian nations (Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland) do not need a visa to visit Vietnam if they wish to stay not beyond 15 days.
For all above exemption cases, they are required to show their return ticket as a proof of not residing in Vietnam over the permitted time. In case any of them expect to stay longer than prescribed, they must apply for Vietnam visa either through Vietnam Embassy or via a travel agent before arrival.
– French diplomatic or official passport holders are exempt from Vietnam visa for less than 90 days or several visits within 6 months
– Chile diplomatic or official passport holders are exempt from Vietnam visa for less than 60 days
– Foreigners hold APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) can stay in Vietnam not beyond 60 days
– Foreigners and Vietnamese overseas can visit Phu Quoc island for less than 15 days as long as their passport must be valid for at least 45 days. After arriving in Phu Quoc island, the Vietnam Immigration Department will be responsible for issuing visa on the spot if visitors want to travel other localities or stay in the island for more than 15 days.
– Vietnamese nationals holding foreign passport or foreigners who are their husbands, wives and children are allowed to stay for not more than 90 days. To get Vietnam visa exemption paper, kindly check out this link for more details: http://mienthithucvk.mofa.gov.vn/
If you have any queries about how to get Vietnam visa, do not hesitate to contact us via email at email@example.com or hotline: