5-year visa exemption paper for Vietnamese residents overseas
The Vietnamese residents overseas and their family who intend to come back their homeland can apply for 5-year visa exemption paper granted by the Vietnam representative agencies overseas or the Immigration Control Department under the Ministry of Public Security. The visa exemption paper acts as a long-term visa for them to visit Vietnam anytime within 5 years. More importantly, the 5- year exemption paper allows them to stay 90 days for each trip. If they want to stay longer, they must process the visa application or visa extension.
Who is eligible?
The Vietnamese residents overseas and the foreign spouse and children of Vietnamese citizens whose foreign passport or the foreign passport substitute stays valid for at least 6 months counted from the entry date is accepted.
How to apply for 5-year visa exemption paper:
The application dossier involves:
– The foreign passport or the resident permission conferred by foreign countries (a duplicate of this paper is saved by authority agencies).
– The papers proving or identifying the Vietnamese nationality. In case, there are no papers proving the Vietnamese citizens, they can submit the back-note asserted by Vietnamese citizen overseas community.
– The document proving the marriage and children relationship with the Vietnamese citizens in case of foreign people (birth certificate, marriage registration and other documents according to Vietnam regulation).
– 02 recent colour photos of 4 cm x 6 cm.
– The visa exemption application form.
The applicants may contact directly to the Vietnam Embassy in the country they are living for the procedure of application.
– The processing time takes 7 working days from the date of receiving completed document.
May I apply for 5 year visa exemption paper via vietnamvisaonentry.com?
Sure, you can. If you are staying in Vietnam now, we can help you to obtain visa exemption paper. In such case, the service charge is a bit higher than of Vietnamese Government. It costs 120 USD (excluding processing fee 20 USD paid directly at Immigration Office). In return, our staff will minimize paperwork hassle for you, take responsibility for ensuring your documentation is correct and hand in your portfolio to Immigration Office.
In every single case, the requirement for the procedure may be different. Therefore, you are strongly advised to send us an email to describe your current status in detail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For children below 14 years old who travel on the same passport with their parent, the visa exemption paper is attached to their parents ’passport.