Some errors to avoid during Vietnam visa application
It is likely that you can make mistakes in applying for Vietnam visa. Here is the list of frequent mistakes you should be noticed of:
1. Misunderstanding about the term “visa on arrival”: Many first-time travelers may think that visa on arrival will be issued on the spot as soon as they reach Vietnam airport without any prior preparations. However, if they do not apply for visa approval letter in advance, they hardly have chance to get Vietnam visa upon arrival later.
2. Traveling by border crossing: please don’t use visa on arrival in this case because Vietnam visa on arrival is applicable for air travel only. If you intend to travel by border, please try with other visa applying method called Vietnam visa code.
3. Spelling/typo mistake: during submitting a visa application, ones may input wrong information such as full name, date of birth, passport number, etc. In such case, you are strongly advised to review your application carefully and notify us immediately if you find out any mistakes because once the approval letter is issued, no amendment can be made. In worst case, you can be refused to get on plane by the airlines before departure.
4. Not arriving in Vietnam within visa period: Some people misunderstand that the visa validity will be counted from the date they enter. However, the arrival date, in fact, will commence from the date you provide in the application form. Therefore, please make a clear plan before applying for visa.
5. Vietnam visa extension: some people think that it is easy to get visa extended during their stay in Vietnam. However, Vietnam visa extension can be costly and takes time to be processed. Therefore we suggest you should apply for 3 month visa instead of 1 month visa from the beginning to save time and money later.