What is the difference between Vietnam visa renewal and Vietnam visa extension?
This question must not be hard for many foreign travelers who often have to apply for a visa to enter one’s country. They may answer shortly that visa renewal is needed when a visitor wants to re-enter the country while visa extension is preferred for those who do not want to leave the country when their visa is coming to expire. This is partly true, because in fact a foreigner may either renew or extend their visa during their stay in Vietnam. Then what makes difference between Vietnam visa renewal and Vietnam visa extension?
Vietnam visa renewal:
– The type of visa you can get renewed is single or multiple entry visa
– You will get a new page sticker placed on your passport with its new duration
– Vietnam visa renewal is beneficial especially for those who are exempted from Vietnam visa for 15 days or 30 days such as Malaysian, Singaporean, Russian, etc.
Vietnam visa extension
– The type of visa you can get extended is single entry visa only
– You will get a stamp (not a sticker) showing a new length of stay in Vietnam. And it has also maximum for 3 months
– The visa extension fee is cheaper than Vietnam visa renewal. For more details about the price, kindly contact us at email@example.com or via hotline:
How to apply:
There a few steps before getting your visa renewed or extended:
Step 1: Send your passport scan and current visa stamp to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org, then we will check with the Immigration Office whether your case can be extended or renewed
Step 2: After getting information from the authority, we will inform you shortly about the service fee, processing time and how to do it, etc.
Step 3: You can send your passport to our office by post mail or bring it to our office in person. If you stay in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh city, we may pick up your original passport at your address.
Another method to apply for Vietnam visa extension or Vietnam visa renewal is to pay a visit to Vietnam Immigration Office in Vietnam:
In Hanoi: No. 40A Hang Bai Str., HoanKiem Dist., Ha Noi
In Da Nang: No. 7 Tran Quy Cap Str., Da Nang
In Ho Chi minh City (Saigon): No. 254 Nguyen Trai Str., Dist.1, Ho Chi Minh City